DKU QUEST embraces the integration of global and local traditions of thought and experience while promoting cross-cultural understanding. This is done by providing as many DKU students as possible with a unique and memorable excursion experience in China, exploring its culture, history, and/or natural landmarks.
BY PARTICIPATING IN ONE OF DKU QUEST’S EXCURSIONS, STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
· Learn, recognize, and appreciate cultural differences between, at a minimum, five other classmates from different cultural and/or personal backgrounds.
· Develop their communication and/or leadership skills to function in a global educational environment.
· Learn and experience firsthand one unique part of China’s culture, history and/or natural landmark.
· Expand their knowledge and/or skillsets in various environmental and team development settings.
· Build and expand intercultural friendships with at least 10 classmates.